Since it was first minted in 1988 the Canadian Maple Leaf has become probably the most collectible bullion coin in the world.
Part of the magic is the .9999 or “four nines” silver which is the purest used in any bullion coin. And then there is the quality of the actual striking - this is an area in which, as any serious coin collector knows, the Canadian Mint leads the field.
To celebrate the 150th anniversary of Confederation, the Canadian Mint has issued a 3oz Silver Maple Leaf for the very first time.
About the coin:
- This is the first ever Reverse Gold-Plated 3oz Silver Maple Leaf. Gold-Plating on the obverse AND reverse give this Pure Silver Coin the appearance of a gold one.
- Struck to an immaculate proof finish which adds an exquisite shine.
- The feel of a larger coin in your hand and the intricate detail that can be added to a 55mm coin results in a truly impressive piece.
- Comes in a Royal Canadian Mint presentation case with an official certificate of authenticity
- Worldwide edition limit of 3,500.
- It has already sold out at the Mint
In fact it is so popular that the full edition limit of 3,500 completely sold out at the Mint BEFORE the official release date.
Very very few were made available for collectors outside Canada. In fact, I have just 62 available and once they are gone I won’t be able to get any more.
Click ‘add to basket’ now to avoid disappointment and secure yours today
Canada 2017 3oz Gold-Plated Fine Silver Maple Leaf Coin
(+ £4.99 p&p)
(+ £4.99 p&p)
- Metal: Fine Silver with Selective Gold-Plating
- Weight: 94.4g (3oz)
- Diameter: 55mm
- Finish: Proof
- Mintage: 3,500
- Denomination: $50
- Obverse: Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt
- Reverse: Whispering Maple Leaves by Calder Moore
- Country of Issue: Canada
- Year of Issue: 2017