In 2018, to mark the 250th anniversary of the first great voyage of Captain James Cook, The Royal Mint announced the release of a new United Kingdom £2 coin.
Many collectors will agree the design is beautiful, but there are 3 other reasons why this is a key issue for your collection:
- Firstly, it has an edition limit of just 4,795 and is completely SOLD OUT at the Mint.
- This is also the only way you can own the 2018 design in Silver. The Mint took the unusual step of not issuing it in double-thickness Piedfort as they normally do.
- Thirdly, this coin is the first in a series of three UK £2 coins, released annually to mark the anniversary. As all serious collectors know, the first issue is usually the most sought-after of any coins series.
Designed by Gary Breeze, this coin features the stern of Captain Cook’s famous ship, HM Bark Endeavour, leaving Plymouth. The ensign and the UK flag are visible alongside the distinctive signature of Cook and the number 250 to mark the anniversary.
COMPLETELY SOLD OUT at The Royal Mint
This issue is now completely sold out at The Royal Mint, meaning your chances of owning one are now even more limited than ever.
Which is why you’ll need to act quickly to add one to your collection.
The good news is you can secure one today for an initial payment of just £19 (+p&p). Each coin will arrive ready to display in its Official Royal Mint Presentation Case with a Certificate of Authenticity.
Don’t miss the boat – secure yours today
The second coin in the series has just been released. Click here to order it now>>>
UK 2018 Captain Cook Silver Proof £2
(+ £3.99 p&p)
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Weight: 12g
- Diameter: 28.4mm
- Metal: Inner - .925 Silver, Outer - .925 Silver with Fine Gold Plating
- Limited Edition Presentation: 4,795
- Obverse: Jody Clark
- Reverse: Gary Breeze
- Denomination: £2
- Finish: Proof
- Country of issue: United Kingdom
- Year of Issue: 2018