*** OVER 87% SOLD at the Mint ***
There is one Royal Canadian Mint annual flagship release that stands above the rest and is a key piece for many collectors – the Silver Maple Leaf Set.
But this latest release is likely to be the most sought-after yet. Here’s why…
Lowest mintage yet
The most important feature of this set is its edition limit.
This year the edition limit is more important than ever before because it has been reduced to JUST 3,000 sets worldwide. This is the lowest mintage yet for a Silver Maple Leaf Set.
When you consider previous sets have been released with mintages of 9,999 and have completely sold out, there is no doubt that there won’t be enough to satisfy demand.
The decision to issue this set with such a small mintage is especially surprising as it’s been issued to commemorate a Canadian icon: O Canada. In fact, 2020 sees the national anthem celebrate its 40th anniversary.
Icons of Canadian culture always prove extremely popular amongst collectors. So much so that all 12 coins in the O Canada Silver Coin Series, with edition limits of 40,000 each, completely sold out at the Mint. To put that in perspective, that’s 480,000 coins in total.
Considering the popularity of the O Canada series, the miniscule mintage of this new issue will surely not be enough to satisfy collector demand in Canada, let alone across the rest of the globe.
Special features for a special anniversary
What’s more, to celebrate the 40th anniversary, the 2020 Silver Maple Leaf Set has multiple special features, which only increase its collectability:
- Each coin is dual-dated 1980 – 2020 to mark the milestone 40th anniversary.
- Selective bold red metallic colouring in a patriotic nod to Canada.
- A red Swarovski® crystal – the very first time a Swarovski® has been incorporated in to a Silver Maple Leaf Set.
- Struck from 99.99% Pure Silver to a spectacular reverse proof finish ensures that the engraved relief of the classic maple leaf design stands out.
Act now – secure yours for JUST £24.50
Even as an official distributor it has proved a challenge to get even a small allocation of these sets.
The good news is that, if you’re quick, you can secure one of the limited number we have available for your collection today with a deposit of JUST £24.50 (+p&p) followed by 9 further equal interest-free instalments.
Very few of these sets will make their way to the UK, and with the edition limit set so low it’s likely it will be the most sought-after Silver Maple Leaf Set yet. Don’t miss out.
Canada 2020 Silver Maple Leaf Fractional Set
(+ £4.99 p&p)
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £4.99 p&p)
- Country of Issue: Canada
- Year of Issue: 2020
- Denominations: $5, $4, $3, $2 and $1
- Weights: 31.39g, 15.87g, 7.96g, 3.23g and 1.63g
- Metal: 99.99% Pure Silver
- Diameter: 38mm, 34mm, 27mm, 14mm and 16mm
- Obverse: Susanna Blunt
- Reverse: Lisa Thomson Khan
- Finish: Reverse Proof - 1oz coin with selective colouring and Swarovski
- Edition Limit: 3,000