The Royal Mint issued five new commemorative coins in 2020. And today you have the chance to secure them accompanied by the eight definitive coins in superior Proof quality.
Five UK 2020 commemorative coins
The five commemorative coins, marking significant anniversaries, included are as follows:
- King George III £5– marking the 200th anniversary of the end of King George III’s reign
- VE Day £2– commemorating the 75th anniversary of VE day, signalling the end of WWII
- Agatha Christie £2– celebrating “100 years of Mystery”, the centenary of her debut mystery novel
- Mayflower £2– marking the 400th anniversary of the Mayflower’s maiden voyage to The New World
- Team GB 50p– a tribute to Team GB ahead of the 2020 Olympic Games which was due to be held in Tokyo
The five commemorative coins are accompanied by the eight definitive coins from the 1p to the £2, all dated for 2020. Finally, each set is completed by The Royal Mint Medal, only available in collector proof sets.
It’s the superior Proof finish that collectors look for
Whilst millions of coins are issued for circulation each year, The Royal Mint selected just 7,000 to be struck in superior Proof quality in this limited presentation.
Proof coins are individually struck with the punch hitting the blank several times to create the perfect, flawless “Proof” finish, and also creates maximum contrast between the frosted design and perfect mirror-like background of the coin.
It’s this superior quality that makes Proof coins more sought after amongst serious numismatic collectors.
JUST 7,000 available - Secure yours for JUST £31
If you want to secure these 2020 coins in Proof quality you’ll need to be quick. That’s because JUST 7,000 sets have been authorised for release worldwide.
Especially when you consider that Annual Collector Proof Sets in this limited presentation with far higher edition limits of 15,000 have COMPLETELY SOLD OUT at The Royal Mint – under half the edition limit of the 2020 set.
The good news is you can secure your set today with a deposit of JUST £31 (+p&p) followed by four further interest-free instalments.
Click ‘Add to basket’ to order your 2020 UK Proof Coin Set now.
UK 2020 Annual Collector Proof Coin Set
(+ £3.99 p&p)
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Year of Issue: 2020
- Country of Issue: United Kingdom
- Metal: Various Base Metal
- Finish: Proof
- Includes: 5 commemorative issues and 8 definitive UK coins
- Limited Presentation: 7,000