To own a Victorian coin is to own a real piece of history - a coin that has really lived and has a story to tell.
This set of original Silver Half Crowns tells the story of the three faces of Queen Victoria - the obverse designs that dominated her coinage during her 64 year reign.
Three original Victorian Silver Half Crowns
Each set contains three silver half crowns, each with a different portrait of Queen Victoria, these include:
- Young Head - The Young Head design graced most of Queen Victoria's coinage right up to 1887.
- Jubilee Head - In 1887, Joseph Boehm was commissioned to produce a new portrait of Queen Victoria to mark her Golden Jubilee.
- Veiled Head - The Jubilee Head design was short-lived, being replaced by Thomas Brock's 'Old Head' or 'Veiled Head' design in 1893.
These coins are well over 100 years old, and with every year passing they become even harder to find - making the limited stock of the Queen Victoria Silver Half Crown Portrait set very scarce indeed.
Each coin has been carefully selected and is presented in a deluxe presentation case along with Certificate of Authenticity.
Click 'Add to basket' to secure your original Queen Victoria Half Crown set today
Queen Victoria Silver Half Crown Portrait Set
(+ £3.99 p&p)
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Country of Issue: United Kingdom
- Denomination: Half crown
- Diameter: 32.00mm
- Weight: 14.00g
- Metal: 925/1000 Silver
- Young Head Portrait
- - Year of Issue: 1839-87
- - Obverse designer: William Wyon / Reverse designer: Jean Baptiste Merlen
- Jubilee Head Portrait
- - Year of Issue: 1887-92
- - Obverse designer: Joseph Edgar Boehm /Reverse designer: Jean Baptiste Merlen
- Veiled Head Portrait
- - Year of Issue: 1893-1901
- - Obverse and reverse designer: Thomas Brock