John F Kennedy, commonly known as Jack or by his initials JFK was a much loved president who touched the hearts of people all over the world. He was renowned for the glamour and hope that he brought to the Whitehouse.
It was a great moment of sadness and shock internationally when JFK was assassinated in 1963 and in commemoration the former president’s profile has featured on the US Half Dollar since 1964. To mark the 50th anniversary of his passing and commemorate the achievements of this popular president, a carefully selected framed collection has been issued.
Six ‘Milestone Date’ JFK Half Dollars
Included in the collection are 6 ‘milestone dated’ half dollars one from every decade since the coins were first issued including the unique 1964 half dollar, the first and only to be issued in 90% pure silver. In addition to the Half Dollars, the 1964 memorial postage stamp and a facsimile signed photomontage of the former president at work all feature in this beautifully presented classic wooden frame.
Framed Collection Includes:
- 1964 Stamp
- 1964 Half Dollar- first and only coin to be issued in 90% Silver
- 1976 Half Dollar- one time only bicentennial reverse design
- 1988 Half Dollar – represents the 25th anniversary of Kennedy’s death
- 1992 Half Dollar – represent the 75th anniversary of Kennedy’s birth
- 2000 Half Dollar- to mark the new millennium
- 2013 Half Dollar- represents the 50th anniversary of Kennedy’s death
Dont miss out on this unique opportunity of owning yours today!
John F.Kennedy Anniversary Framed Collection
(+ £3.99 p&p)
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Frame size: 12" x 10"
- Years of Issue: 1964; 1976:1988; 1992: 2000; 2013
- Metal: Cupronickel (exception of 1964 coin in 900/1000 Silver)
- Diameter: 30.6mm, Weight: 11.34g (exception of 1964 coin at 12.5g)
- Obverse: John F. Kennedy (Gilroy Roberts)
- Reverse: Presidential Coat of Arms Motif (Frank Gasparro)