Douglas Bader was a leading airman during WW2, flying Spitfires and Hurricanes at Dunkirk and the Battle of Britain, before being shot down and held as a prisoner of war in Colditz.
But what makes Bader’s story particularly incredible is that he performed these courageous acts with two prosthetic limbs after losing both of his legs in an aeroplane crash in 1931.
This year marks the 40th anniversary of the Douglas Bader Foundation and this NEW Commemorative Medal Set has been issued in his honour.
- Featuring three full coloured commemoratives, showcasing intricate designs by renowned artist Adam Tooby
- One piece is an impressive supersized 100mm in diameter, the perfect canvas to show off the incredibly detailed artwork
- Alongside these commemoratives are replicas of three of the medals that Bader received during his career, the Distinguished Flying Cross and Bar, the 1939-1945 Star with clasp BATTLE OF BRITAIN and the War Medal 1939-45
- Each medal is presented and housed alongside a numbered certificate of authenticity – it’s the perfect collector’s piece honouring the legendary war hero
- With a maximum edition limit of just 250, you will have to act quickly to secure yours
- For each set sold a donation will be made directly to the Douglas Bader Foundation to help support people with disabilities
Secure this significant set today and pay tribute to the legendary war hero Sir Douglas Bader whilst supporting the Douglas Bader Foundation on the 40th Anniversary.
Click ‘Add to Basket’ to secure one of 250 today
Douglas Bader Foundation 40th Anniversary Medals Box Set
(+ £3.99 p&p)
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Metal: Bronze
- Diameter: 100mm
- Metal: Zinc Alloy with 24 carat gold-plate
- Diameter: 38mm
- Edition Limit: 250
- Not Legal Tender
- A 7% donation of each set sold will be paid directly to the Sir Douglas
- Bader Foundation