*** Own an actual piece of Spitfire AB910 ***
Just 295 collectors have the opportunity to own a fascinating piece of real history from the D-Day raids.
This extraordinary commemorative has been issued to mark 40 years since the founding of the Douglas Bader Foundation, but with only a minimal amount of this historic metal available, it means that JUST 295 commemoratives can ever be produced!
Struck from 1oz of pure .999 Silver, a 3D Spitfire model sits proudly on top — made from a piece of aluminium from Spitfire AB910 which flew in the D-Day raids playing a significant role in the operation that marked the beginning of the end of the war.
- Issued to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Douglas Bader Foundation. A charity set up in 1982 in recognition of Group Captain Sir Douglas Bader, a leading airman during WW2. A donation from each sale will go directly to the charity.
- Features a 3D Spitfire model made from a genuine piece of aluminium from a Spitfire AB910 — which actually flew in the D-Day raids.
- Struck from 1oz of .999 pure silver to an antique finish. The first precious metal provenance medal to ever be released
- Presented in a floating frame so that both the obverse and reverse designs are visible
- With only a small amount of the historic spitfire metal available, only a limited number of these commemoratives can be made. Only 295 produced for worldwide distribution.
Remember, not only will you be receiving a piece of genuine British aviation history, but you will also be helping to support the Douglas Bader Foundation itself, as a donation from each sale goes directly to the charity.
Click ‘add to basket’ to secure yours.
Sir Douglas Bader Silver 1oz Spitfire Medal
(+ £3.99 p&p)
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Metal: 999/1000 Silver
- Diameter: 38.61mm
- Weight: 31.10g
- Obverse: Model Spitfire made from Aluminium from AB910
- Reverse: Beata Kulesza-Damaziak
- Finish: Antique
- Edition Limit: 295