Last year, The Royal Mint released the first Sovereign of King Charles III’s reign.
And now, as we witness the crowning of our new monarch, you can hold onto Queen Elizabeth II’s legacy with the very first Sovereign from her reign.
- Issued in 1957, this Sovereign is the very first released during Queen Elizabeth II’s reign
- Features a unique design quirk: the only Queen Elizabeth II Sovereign to have 168 ridges on the edge
- Includes the very first portrait for coinage of Her Majesty by Mary Gillick – the only portrait depicting the Queen without a crown or diadem
- Housed in a luxury presentation – just a handful available…
Click 'Add to Basket' to secure yours today.
UK 1957 Queen Elizabeth II Gillick Sovereign
Price on application
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
- Country of Issue: United Kingdom
- Year of Issue: 1957
- Metal: 22 Carat Gold
- Diameter: 22.05mm
- Weight: 7.98g
- Obverse: Queen Elizabeth II
- Reverse: St George and the dragon