As the world’s biggest sporting event, it’s no surprise that the Olympic Games have been celebrated on a number of coins worldwide throughout the years.
As a theme, the Olympics have inspired many to take up the hobby of collecting, with the 2012 UK 50p series proving to be some of the most collected 50ps ever issued.
Whilst you may be familiar with our UK coins commemorating the Olympics, you might not have come across the Olympic sports themed euros released across the continent - some of which have become particularly sought after amongst collectors…
Today you have the chance to own a set of four Sports Euros, including:
- 2016 Belgium 2 Euro marking the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro
- 2011 Greece 2 Euro marking the Special Olympics World Summer Games in Athens
- 2006 Italy 2 Euro marking the Winter Olympics in Torino
- 2016 Portugal 2 Euro marking the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro
Whilst each coin in the set is considered sought-after due to the demand around Olympic themed collectables, it is the 2016 Belgium 2 Euro which is especially rare, with a mintage of just 325,000 – that’s more than 150,000 less than the UK’s rarest £2 coin!
And, with the worldwide excitement surrounding the Tokyo Olympic Games, demand for coins such as these is bound to increase.
We only have a limited number of sets available for Change Checkers quick enough to get their hands on them, so don’t miss out!
Click ‘Add to Basket’ now to secure yours, whilst stocks last.
Change Checker Sports Euro Set
(+ £2.99 p&p)
(+ £2.99 p&p)
- Country of issue: Belgium, Greece, Italy & Portugal
- Year of issue: 2016, 2011, 2006 & 2016
- Denomination: 2 Euro
- Coin Diameter: 25.75mm
- Coin Weight: 8.50g
- Metal: Cupro-Nickel
- Finish: Uncirculated