2018 marks 100 years since the guns fell silent – the war in Europe was over.
To mark this historic centenary year, many of the allied nations have joined forces again to issue special commemorative coins in a poignant move to mark the anniversary.
The result is the 2018 Armistice Coin Pack which has been issued to mark 100 years since the First World War Armistice in 1918.
Featuring five carefully chosen commemorative coins from five world renowned Mints and including the Royal Mint’s Armistice £2 as the centrepiece, these coins are presented in a special Change Checker Armistice Presentation Pack.
The coins included within this extraordinary set are:
- United Kingdom £2 - The reverse was designed by Stephen Raw and features the words, ‘The truth untold, the pity of war’, from the poem Strange Meeting by Wilfred Owen, who died in combat in November, 1918. The words stand out of a mud-like background in the centre of the £2.
- Australia $2 - The reverse was designed by T Dean and was developed with the assistance of the Australian War Memorial. It features the number 100 to signify the important Armistice Centenary Anniversary, and the centre zero features a red coloured poppy.
- New Zealand 50c - Designed by Dave Burke, the reverse of this 50 Cent features a coloured red poppy flower surrounded by a wreath. The three silver ferns on the wreath represent the three services of the New Zealand Defence Force: Army, Navy, and Air Force.
- Canada $2 - The reverse image by artist Laurie McGaw features a soldier’s helmet in the centre to represent the many lives lost during WWI. The large poppy beneath it is inspired by the Canadian poem In Flanders Fields by John McCrae, who died in combat in January, 1918.
- France €2 - This €2 coin features a cornflower on the reverse. The blue cornflower is the symbol of remembrance in France as WWI soldier’s uniforms were blue and these flowers, as well as poppies, continued to grow in land devastated by war. The flower also symbolizes delicacy and innocence.
This would make a great addition to your collection. And in this centenary year, it’s a particularly meaningful purchase.
Because of the difficulty sourcing the coins, we only have a limited number of collections available, so act now to reserve your pack.
Click the 'Add to Basket' button now to secure your 2018 Allied Nations Armistice Centenary Coin Pack.
2018 Allied Nations Armistice Centenary Pack
(+ £3.99 p&p)
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- 2018 Coins Included:
- UK £2: Metal: Bi-Metallic, Weight: 12.00g, Diameter: 28.40mm, BU quality.
- Australia $2: Metal: Aluminium Bromide, Weight: 6.60g, Diameter: 20.50mm
- New Zealand 50c: Metal: Nickel-plated Steel, Weight: 5.00g, Diameter: 24.75mm
- France 2: Metal: Bi-Metallic, Weight: 8.50g, Diameter: 25.75mm
- Canada $2: Metal: Bi-Metallic, Weight: 6.99g, Diameter: 28.00mm
- The UK £2 is in Brilliant Uncirculated quality, the rest are in uncirculated