*** BREAKING NEWS ***
Marking an incredible 100 years of the British Broadcasting Corporation, a new UK 50p has been released to celebrate this remarkable milestone.
From the technology we couldn’t be without today, to the moments that bring us together, and unforgettable British programmes that last a lifetime — everyone has their favourite memories of the BBC.
- The launch of the first BBC radio station in 1922
- The world’s first regularly scheduled TV service in 1936
- Coverage of the Queen’s Coronation in 1953
- Europe’s first colour TV channel in 1967
- The iconic Live Aid broadcast in 1985
- The launch of BBC iPlayer in 2007
- Today’s visually stunning documentaries such as The Green Planet
And now the UK’s first 50p to commemorate the BBC has been released celebrating these moments.
The coin has been developed in partnership with the BBC, featuring a design commemorating the network’s global reach and impact.
Superior Collector Quality
The 2022 BBC CERTIFIED BU 50p has been struck to a superior Brilliant Uncirculated quality and encapsulated in official Change Checker packaging to preserve for generations to come.
This is certain to be one of the last issues to feature the portrait of Queen Elizabeth II and, as such, demand for this 50p is set to be high.
Secure yours today for JUST £4.99 (+p&p).
2022 UK 100th Anniversary of Our BBC CBU 50p
(+ £2.99 p&p)
(+ £2.99 p&p)
- Country of Issue: United Kingdom
- Year of Issue: 2022
- Denomination: 50p
- Metal: Cupro-Nickel
- Weight: 8g
- Diameter: 27.30mm
- Reverse Designer: Henry Gray
- Obverse Designer: Jody Clark
- Finish: Brilliant Uncirculated