Since its release in 1969, the 50p has become one of the world’s most collected coins. And this year the demand for 50ps has been higher than ever before, as we celebrate the 7-sided coin’s 50th anniversary.
To mark the landmark anniversary, a brand new UK 50p has been authorised for release which is sure to see an overwhelming response from collectors. That’s because its design features a minting first.
Special never-before-seen privy marks and a minting first
The new coin features Christopher Ironside’s classic New Pence Britannia design.
But what truly sets this issue apart and makes it highly collectable is the inclusion of THREE special features:
1. Exclusive never-before-seen privy mark, designed especially for the occasion. A Spirograph-type design drawn from an extension of lines forming the 50p shape creates this unique privy mark.
2. Innovative marks around the reverse rim of the coin. The letters A to G are inscribed on each point and are joined by arced crossing lines – this is a minting first on a 50p coin.
3. The denomination in 'NEW PENCE' – not seen since 1981.
These three features alone make this commemorative this year’s must have 50p release.
What’s more, this special issue is struck from base metal to an exceptional Brilliant Uncirculated quality, the finish coveted by collectors as it means each coin is free from any marks you would find on circulated coins.
Yours for JUST £10
The good news is that your coin will come protectively encapsulated and beautifully presented in its bespoke Royal Mint packaging.
And better yet, if you’re quick, you can secure one for your collection today for JUST £10 (+p&p) – that’s the Royal Mint issue price.
Remember, this coin is the most significant commemorative released to celebrate 50 years of the 50p and is sure to be in high demand. Make sure you don’t miss out by ordering yours today.
Click ‘Add to Basket’ to secure yours today.
UK 2019 50 Years of the 50p Coin BU Pack
(+ £2.99 p&p)
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £2.99 p&p)
- Country of Issue: UK
- Year of Issue: 2019
- Coin Diameter: 27.3mm
- Coin Weight: 8g
- Obverse: Jody Clark
- Reverse: Christopher Ironside
- Metal: Cupro-nickel
- Finish: Brilliant Uncirculated
- Edition limit: Unlimited