2018 marked 100 years since the world’s first independent air force was officially formed – The Royal Air Force.
In the last 100 years the RAF has played an integral part in British Military History and the brave men and women who have served as part of the RAF have helped defend our skies. Which is why the centenary anniversary is arguably the most important military anniversary to be celebrated in British history.
The RAF Biplane to Supersonic Three Coin Set
We are proud to be able to bring you this Official Gold-Plated Three Coin Set which celebrates some of the most famous aircrafts used by the RAF in their 100 years including;
- The Bristol Fighter: The Bristol fighter is a British two-seat biplane and reconnaissance aircraft of the First World War.
- The Supermarine Spitfire: The Spitfire is the iconic aircraft of the Battle of Britain and became the symbol of British defiance in the air. Designed by Reginald Mitchell, it had an advanced all-metal air frame, making it light and strong.
- English Electric Lightning: The English Electric Lightning is a British fighter aircraft that served as an interceptor during the 1960s, the 1970s and into the late 1980s. It remains the only UK-designed-and-built fighter capable of going twice the Speed of Sound (Mach 2).
Officially licensed by the MOD each coin within this set has been expertly plated in 24-carat gold and and features a vivid full colour image of each aircraft.
What’s more, your coins also come displayed in presentation case alongside accompanying Certificate of Authenticity and is the perfect heirloom to pass down to children and grandchildren to ensure the remarkable feats of technology and courage accomplished by the RAF are never forgotten.
Limited Stock Available
Commemoratives issued to celebrate 100 years of the RAF have been highly collectable meaning their scarcity is even higher, especially those that have been officially licensed by the RAF. However, we have been able to procure a limited number of these sets for collectors, meaning if you wish to secure one for your collection you must act fast.
HALF PRICE SAVING
This Official RAF Biplane to Supersonic Set comprises 3 unique coins, all of which have been expertly Gold-plated, struck to superior Proof finish and protectively encapsulated to ensure their pristine quality. Individually, these coins retail for £39.99, however, in securing this set you will benefit from a HUGE £60.00 SAVING!
Remember, this set has been officially licensed by the MOD and honours some of the greatest planes to ever grace aerial warfare.
Don’t miss out on the chance of securing yours…
Biplane to Supersonic RAF 3 Coin Set
(+ £3.99 p&p)
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Country of Issue: Jersey
- Year of Issue: 2018
- Denomination: Fifty Pence
- Metal: Brass with 24ct gold plating
- Diameter: 38.61mm
- Finish: Proof
- Obverse: Ian Rank-Broadley FRBS
- Reverse: Trevor Mitchell