To celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the 50p coin, The Royal Mint has reissued five of the most popular and collectable 50ps in British history.
When released earlier this year, the Base Proof, Silver Proof and Gold Proof sets saw such an overwhelming response from collectors that they sold out completely within just two hours of going on sale.
Due to this incredible demand and the fact so many collectors missed out, The Royal Mint has issued a Brilliant Uncirculated edition of the 50th Anniversary of the 50p Coin Set that is available to you today for just £19.95 (+p&p).
The five iconic 50ps
This prestigious set features five of the most iconic 50p designs to have ever been released. Reissued specially for this important 50th anniversary, these include:
- Kew Gardens 50p – this 50p released in 2009 marked 250 years of the botanical garden, and was the rarest 50p in circulation, making it incredibly popular.
- Britannia New Pence 50p – Replicating the original design of the 50p when it was first released in 1969, the Britannia 50p, designed by Christopher Ironside, is instantly recognisable.
- Girl Guides 50p – this 50p, originally released in 2010, celebrated the centenary of 100 years of Girl Guiding and featured the trefoil, the symbol of Girl Guiding.
- Scouting 50p – marking the centenary of the Scout Movement, this 50p was originally released in 2007 and featured the Scout’s symbol and motto ‘Be Prepared’.
- Roger Bannister 50p – released in 2004, this 50p marks the fiftieth anniversary of the first time the four-minute mile was broken by Roger Bannister in 1954.
Each coin has been protectively encapsulated and certified as superior Brilliant Uncirculated quality, and will come presented to you in a customised Change Checker page.
Secure yours today
We’ve no doubt an anniversary of this significance will be extremely popular with our collectors, though especially when you consider individually how sought-after each of the coins were at their time of release.
This is a must-have for 50p collectors! To ensure you don’t miss out, secure your 50th Anniversary of the 50p CERTIFIED BU Coin Set today for just £19.95 (+p&p).
High demand is expected, secure your set now by clicking ‘Add to basket’.
Also available in Official Royal Mint packaging for £45 >>>
50th Anniversary of the 50p CERTIFIED BU Set
(+ £3.50 p&p)
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £3.50 p&p)
- 50th Anniversary of the 50p CERTIFIED BU Coin Set
- Country of Issue: United Kingdom
- Year of issue: 2019
- Diameter: 27.30mm (each coin)
- Weight: 8g (each coin)
- Metal: Base Metal - cupro-nickel
- Finish: Brilliant Uncirculated
- Obverse: Jody Clark
- 50p designs include: Britannia New Pence (Christopher Ironside),
- Kew Gardens (Christopher Le Brun), Scouting (Kerry Davies), Girl Guides
- (Jonathan Evans & Donna Hainan), Roger Bannister (James Butler)