The Royal Mint has announced the release the OFFICIAL 50 Years of the 50p Anniversary Coin.
Issued to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the world’s first seven-sided coin, this brand new UK 50p is a seriously nostalgic nod to one of Britain's favourite ever coins - with a clever twist.
Brand new UK 50p – Three Special Features!
A testament to Hugh Conway and the team of engineers who worked on the original design, the 50 pence piece is a mainstay of British coinage.
Not only does the reverse design feature Christopher Ironside's iconic Britannia, this remarkable 50p features not one, not two, but three special features!
1. A never-before-seen mintmark; a Spirograph-type design drawn from an extension of lines forming the 50p shape, this mint mark is exclusive to the 50th anniversary coin.
2. On the outer rim of the reverse, the letters A to G appear on each point and are joined by arced crossing lines – a minting first on a 50p coin.
3. The denomination 'NEW PENCE' has been inscribed - this has not been seen since 1981!
The Official 50th Anniversary 50p Coin – Secure yours now
Since its introduction in 1969 the 50p has become the UK’s most-collected coin.
This 50p will become part of numismatic history as the only official UK 50 years of the 50p anniversary coin.
Featuring an exclusive never-before-seen mint mark and a 50p minting first, there is no doubt this UK New Issue will be incredibly sought-after by all coin collectors.
Struck to a superior Brilliant Uncirculated quality, your anniversary coin has been protectively encapsulated and certified by Change Checker.
Secure your official 50 Years of the 50p CERTIFIED BU Anniversary Coin for just £4.50 (+p&p) today.
2019 UK 50 Years of the 50p Anniversary BU 50p
(+ £2.99 p&p)
Orders and payment terms are subject to acceptance and status.
We may perform a credit check.
(+ £2.99 p&p)
- Country of Issue: United Kingdom
- Year of Issue: 2019
- Coin Diameter: 27.30mm
- Coin Weight: 8g
- Obverse Designer: Jody Clark
- Reverse Designer: Christopher Ironside
- Metal: Cupro-Nickel
- Finish: Brilliant Uncirculated