Lunar coins are a collecting phenomenon overseas - particularly in the Far East. They are struck annually with a design featuring the Chinese Lunar animal for the new year.
Last year, the Royal Mint started producing lunar coins for the UK market and just 888 1oz Silver Year of the Horse coins were individually encapsulated and officially postmarked by the Royal Mail with the date of Chinese New Year. The entire edition limit sold out.
Brand New issue for 2015
This year, the Royal Mint have released a brand new lunar coin for 2015 to mark the Year of the Sheep and now you have the chance to secure your very own in a limited edition DateStamp™ tamper-proof capsule.
- The reverse features a striking Year of the Sheep design created by artist Wuon-Gean Ho.
- Obverse carries the portrait of Her Majesty the Queen crafted by Ian Rank-Broadley FRBS.
- Minted from one full troy ounce of 999/1000 fine silver
- Complete in tamper-proof DateStamp™ Capsule with a Royal Mail first class stamp officially postmarked with the date of Chinese New Year – 19th February 2015.
- Each set has its own unique serial number, which you can even register online to receive your personal DateStamp™ Registration Certificate
- Only 888 available
Until last year, a lunar coin had never been produced by the Royal Mint before, the main place they are sold is in China, which makes them all the more collectable over here. Whether you are British or Chinese, this is a seriously collectable coin.
Now you can own one - in perhaps the best way possible - before they all get snapped up by overseas collectors. And with demand in China particularly high, now could be the best time to secure yours.
Just 888 DateStamp™ Year of the Sheep coins are available and considering last year’s edition completely sold out – order yours today before it’s too late
DateStamp 19/2/2015 Year of the Sheep 1oz Silver
(+ £3.99 p&p)
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Country of issue: UK
- Denomination: £2
- Metal: 999/1000 Silver
- Weight: 1 Troy Ounce
- Diameter: 38.61mm
- Maximum authorised release quantity: 888
- Quality: Uncirculated Bullion
- Obverse: Queen Elizabeth II by Ian Rank-Broadley FRBS
- Reverse: Year of the Sheep design by Wuon-Gean Ho
- DateStamp(TM) is a trademark of 288 Group Ltd