21st November 2014 marks the end of an era. 70 years on from the D-Day landings, the Normandy Veterans’ Association - the association made up of servicemen who took part in the 1944 invasion - formally disbands.
Earlier this year, to mark the 70th anniversary of the D-Day landings, we worked alongside the Normandy Veterans’ Association to produce an exclusive limited edition set of commemorative covers.
And now, on the date of the disbandment, the final 250 covers have been released from our archives.
12 Signed Covers
The set comprises 12 individual Commemorative Covers. Each cover is personally signed by a Normandy veteran, alongside details of their name and rank at the time of the landings. Also featured is a contemporary image of the veteran now and a photo of them taken during the Second World War.
Each cover also features three stamps from Royal Mail’s 1994 D-Day issue and is postmarked with the address of the D-Day museum in Portsmouth and the all-important 70th anniversary date - the 6th June 2014.
The Commemorative Covers come presented within a display page in a Luxury Presentation Album alongside a Certificate of Authenticity.
This is your chance to honour those brave men who fought for our freedom seventy years ago. Just 250 sets are available in this archive release, so please make sure you secure yours now.
Normandy Veterans Signed Cover Collection Pt 2
(+ £7.99 p&p)
(+ £7.99 p&p)
- Size of covers: 254mm x 177mm
- Featuring a contemporary photo of the veteran
- Featuring 3 of Royal Mail's 1994 D-Day issue
- Postmarked on the exact 70th anniversary of D-Day - 6th June
- Each cover is personally signed by a veteran
- Individually numbered by hand
- A donation of £24 for each signed cover collection sold will go to the
- Normandy Veteran Assocation's 70th Anniversary Archive Project