On the 15th October, we marked the end of an era for our UK coinage as the “round pound” was officially demonetised and taken out of circulation forever.
To mark this moment, a limited edition First and Last DateStamp™ “Round Pound” Pair has been authorised for release.
This DateStamp™ Issue contains the last £1 issued for circulation in 2015 and the first ever £1 in 1983. Each coin has been officially postmarked by Royal Mail with the date the “round pound” ceased to be legal tender – 15/10/2017.
What's more, each coin comes protectively sealed in a tamper-proof numismatic capsule with its own unique serial number so you can even register it online to receive your official DateStamp™ registration certificate.
Importantly, because of the special one-day-only postmark, just 1,495 of these DateStamp™ Issues will ever be made available and they will not be around for long.
Click ‘add to basket’ now to avoid being left disappointed.
The First and Last Round £1 DateStamp Set
(+ £3.99 p&p)
(+ £3.99 p&p)
- Weight: 9.5g
- Diameter: 22.5mm
- Metal: Nickel-Brass
- Finish: First Round Pound - Circulated, Last Round Pound - Uncirculated
- Obverse: Queen Elizabeth II
- Reverse: The Royal Arms
- Country of issue: United Kingdom
- Year of issue: 1983 and 2015
- Postmarking Date: 15th October 2017
- Maximum Authorised Release Quantity: 1,495
- DateStamp (TM) is a trademark of 288 Group Ltd